Duration: 3 days £300
Course information and content
This three day course trains you in the various techniques and teaching methods required to instruct the RYA Level 1 and 2 syllabi. You will plan and run a number of classroom and practical sessions under the supervision of an experienced RYA Powerboat Trainer.
- In order to become a powerboat instructor, candidates need to fulfil some pre-entry requirements as follows;
- Powerboat Instructor Skills Assessment,
- Hold the RYA National Powerboat Certificate (Level 2)
- Hold recognised First Aid certificate (including hypothermia and resuscitation). Click here for a list of all acceptable First Aid certificates
- Candidates must be at least 16yrs
- Completion of pre-course work
All the above requirements are needed BEFORE attending the course. If you attend the course without the required certification, you will not have your Instructor award processed.
*On booking this course, candidates will be sent a separate email, which will contain full details of the pre-course work in it. This work must be completed prior to attending the course.
All applicants for RYA instructor qualifications need to be RYA members in order to be eligible to be awarded the instructor qualification. You may either join in advance of the instructor course or at the time your instructor application is submitted to the RYA.
Kit and Clothing
Swansea Watersports supplies a range of technical equipment including waterproofs and lifejackets. However you are very welcome to bring your own if you wish.